We look forward to discussing your special estate, main residence, or getaway!
LAFIA/ARVIN IS RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE COUNTRY’S PREMIER INTERIOR DESIGN FIRMS. L/A’S DESIGN, AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL HAS PLACED IT ON ROBB REPORT’S 2012 LIST OF THE TOP 40 INTERIOR DESIGNERS OF THE WORLD, AND AS THE HIGHEST RATED INTERIOR DESIGN FIRM IN THE FRANKLIN REPORT.
LAFIA/ARVIN IS CONTINUALLY FEATURED IN ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST, THE ROBB REPORT, COASTAL LIVING, FLORIDA DESIGN MAGAZINE, TRENDS MAGAZINES, CALIFORNIA HOMES AND OTHER LUXURY INTERIOR DESIGN PUBLICATIONS. MONIQUE LAFIA, CEO, HAS OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE, IS A GRADUATE OF THE UCLA INTERIOR DESIGN PROGRAM, AND IS CCIDC AND NCIDQ CERTIFIED/LICENSED.
WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT ONE OF OUR LATEST PROJECTS, A FRENCH ESTATE ON LOS ANGELES COUNTRY CLUB IN BEVERLY HILLS, IS ON THE COVER/FEATURED IN THE DECEMBER/WINTER ISSUE OF CALIFORNIA HOME MAGAZINE, AVAILABLE BY SELECTING ON THIS PAGE.
- Video Replay: WestEdge Panel Monique Lafia, William Hefner, Bart Mandel “How to Build a cool project without getting into hot water”- Last week I had the pleasure of being invited to join a panel at WestEdge – Santa Monica with colleagues William Hefner (AIA) and Bart Mandel (Project Management), moderated by Susan McFadden – Editor in Chief of California Homes Magazine – one of the top Design Magazines in the U.S. featuring Luxury Residences. As with my last … Continued
- Snyder Diamond’s 65 Anniversary/Year in business celebration- The premier luxury Appliance/Plumbing company on the West Coast by far is Snyder Diamond. This past Saturday I had the pleasure of attending Snyder Diamond’s party celebrating Snyder Diamond’s 65 Anniversary/Year in business celebration! It was a great evening, of incredible food, cooked on the finest equipment in the world, and sold at Snyder Diamond, … Continued
- WestEdge 2014 Panel (Sat 10/18/2014 1-2 Barker Hangar Santa Monica): The Bottom Line: How to Build a COOL Project without Getting into Hot Water- I am excited to share with you this extraordinary event on Oct. 18th at 1:00 at The Barker Hanger Santa Monica: How to Build a cool project without getting into hot water. In the last few years, as a keynote speaker for Westweek and Dwell, I have met such interesting people. For the last couple years I … Continued
- Incorporating Creativity of Design –w- Apple “Beethoven Symphony of Products” on Real-Time Basis- As Designers in the world of technology I find that when I wait in line at Starbucks I see people always looking down at their I-Phones or IPADS. What happened to the time when people were engaged in their environment to stimulate the creative process and generate great new ideas? Its curious – I wonder … Continued
- Lafia/Arvin -Happy Halloween from Greystone- A great evening last night at Greystone – Beverly Hills for “Titans of Business and the Best of Design”, a collaboration of Friends of Greystone and the City of Beverly Hills, with events sponsored by a great design magazine, California Homes Magazine (you should subscribe if you are passionate about Design and Architecture like me!). Dates … Continued
- Valuing Education In Design – Thank you UCLA Architecture and Interior Design Program for “Success Story- Monique Lafia” Publication- With all of the hype and media discussing whether there is value in the cost of higher education for future employment, I beg to differ with that position for many trades and specialties. Particularly Interior Design. Today I am sharing my thoughts on this subject, after being honored by the UCLA – Architecture + Interior … Continued
- Invaluable Architecture and Design & Inspiration At Home in the United States – Historic Hudson River Valley in Upstate New York- Last week I had the privilege of traveling to New York City and the incredible historic Hudson River Valley in Upstate New York. On the first night in New York City as I was walking from the famous Waldorf Astoria, the Beautiful Art Deco hotel, to Rockefeller Center, Madison Ave and the JP Morgan Building, I … Continued
- Gorgeous Made in America Furniture and Architecture – Boscobel House, Hudson River Valley New York- Day one of a Very Special Design/Architecture Trip in Upper State NY – Historic Hudson River Valley – with Eleanor Schrader Schapa – Design and Architecture Historian, and Distinguished Instructor – Architectural and Interior Design Program – UCLA (of which I am had the pleasure of completing at the beginning of my carreer!). Our visit to … Continued
- Salute to Luxury Design Magazines – Our First California Homes Magazine- For one of our first blog posts, we wanted to salute California Homes, which published our first Estate project, a “Cover” publication of Rob Lowe’s Estate in Montecito, CA. We have had the honor of 4 “Cover” publications featured in California Homes. Thank you Susan McFadden – Editor in Chief – for featuring us (copies on … Continued
- Legends of Design Keynote 2012 Replay:- We were pleased to part of a distinguished panel of fellow internationally published Interior Designers selected by ASID for A Special Key-Note Event at the 2012 Legends of La Cienega: Design Week. The Panel was moderated by Susan McFadden, Editor-in-Chief of California Homes Magazine (in which Lafia/Arvin will have a “Cover” publication of a Beverly … Continued